Dramatically Improve Your Smile With Porcelain Dental Veneers
Are Porcelain Veneers Safe?
Yes they are safe - the only drawback is that some of the tooth is shaved down. This is not noticeable and veneers give patients the movie star smile.
If you wish for the perfect smile that you see on movie stars and models, dental veneers offer amazing results in very little time. Steinway Family Dental Center offers veneers and other cosmetic dentistry procedures for our patients in Astoria, NY, Queens, NY, and surrounding communities.
Dr. Dayanayev and Dr. Malakov have placed hundreds of veneers on patients in Astoria and throughout Queens dramatically changing their smiles and their outlook on life. Learn what is involved in the process.
What Are Porcelain Dental Veneers?
Porcelain veneers , also known as composite veneers or dental veneers provide an amazing way in which dentists can transform a smile to give you that Hollywood look, with astounding straight and white teeth. What they are actually is thin shells of translucent porcelain that can actually be matched to the actual shade of the patients teeth . Dental veneers are so precise in their coloring that they can actually mimic the translucent properties of your teeth including mimicking the look of the enamel. Porcelain Veneers can be custom made to fit over the teeth and improve the color, shape and overall appearance.
When Are Dental Veneers Used And What Types Of Problems Can They Correct?
Dental Veneers have many applications are sometimes knows as ‘instant orthodontics’ due to the fact that they can be used to cover a wide variety of dental problems. Often dentists call this area the smile zone as they are primarily used to treat the areas that can be seen when you smile.
They can be used to fix:
- Spaces or irregular gaps between the teeth.
- Teeth that are crooked or have grown to have a bad shape or appearance.
- Teeth that have become chipped or have become broken due to trauma or accident.
- Teeth that have become permanently stained or are stained internally and are embarrassing or unsightly for the patient.
- Teeth where the fillings can be seen and the patient wants to hide this.
Teeth that are tooth sharp looking or too pointed and need to be more rounded off.
What Are The Advantages Of Porcelain Veneers?
There are several advantages that porcelain veneers have over composite resin
Porcelain veneers are very durable and are made very thin, usually in the range of 0.5-0.7 mm. Although they are themselves exteremely brittle they are extremely brittle when they are bonded to the tooth.It is possible that they can last for many years. In many instances 10-15 years.If a patient takes good care of them has proper hygiene and does chew extremely hard objects then they will stand the test of time.
They are created o look very natural in their appearance. The porcelain mimics the translucency of your teeth due to the fact that they shine like enamel and light can pass through them. They therefore have an extreme likeness to real teeth. This life like facet of porcelain veneer is not possible when the dentist uses composite resin.
They resist staining. Porcelain is made of a smooth and impervous compound. It therefore does not pick up nicotine stains, coffee stains, or dark stains for richly colored liquids or spices.
The last benefit is that they use only a small amount of tooth structure when they are being removed, during the actual procedure.
What Are The Major Differences Between Porcelain Veneers Over Composite Resin?
The major difference is that porcelain veneers are not made while you are sitting in the dental chair – they have to be fabricated in a dental laboratory and you will have to come for an initial consultation and then to have them fitted, so no more than 3 visits. However, composite resin veneers are accomplished in one visit. A small amount of tooth structure is removed and then the composite resin is placed without adding tooth bulk. The doctor will then add composite resin, allow it to cure lightly and then it will be finished and polished.
Porcelain veneers are more expensive than composite veneers. The placement of veneers requires more time, a skilled hand and bonding materials. They also have to be fabricated beforehand by the lab so this is where most of the cost lies.
Unfortunately porcelain veneers cannot be repaired and if they are broken they must be replaced.
What Is The Process For Obtaining Porcelain Veneers?
Doctor Malakov and Dr Dayanyev explain how they fit porcelain veneers, a process they have repeated many times for patients in Astoria, Queens.
During the consultation to discuss your goals for your new smile Dr Malakov and Dr Dayanayev will discuss how you want your new smile to look and the color that you want your veeners to appear using exact tooth matching. Once the doctors have determined that you may be a suitable candidate for porcelain veneers they perform the following steps:
- They remove a very small amount of enamel from each treated tooth. The doctors are conservative in their approach to this and are careful not to remove any more enamel than is necessary, being careful not to damage the structure of the tooth.
- They then take an impression of the teeth and send this to the laboratory. They use a very skilled and exact lab that will fabricate the porcelain veneers according to the specifications.
- At your next appointment the porcelain veneers are placed over your natural teeth. They are bonded using very strong dental cement.
- The last step id to make sure that your veneers feel comfortable and then Dr Malakov or Dr Dayanayev will polish your veneers to make sure that they feel comfortable.
How many appointments will the procedure take?
The process will vary from patient to patient and depending on whether it is one or two veneer sor multiple veneers that are being placed. Multiple veneers take more time and planning and since this is an investment we take our time also. The process will only require just two appointments. Once your porcelain veneers are fitted you can walk out of Steinway Family Dental Center with the porcelain veneers you have always wanted.
What Are The Benefits Of Porcelain Veneers?
- Veneers can last for a long time with the proper care, brushing and flossing.
- The patient has no downtime or recovery time.
- The results are INSTANTANEOUS. Your walk out of our practice with an instant smile.
- The composite and porcelain materials used mimic the translucency of natural teeth and enamel.
- It only take two appointments. There is no pain or fear of drilling like implants.
- The veneers are made of very strong durable material that is completely stain resistant.
- Minor and major cosmetic flaws can be corrected.
- The veneers can be tailor made to suit your natural appearance by matching exactly the color of other teeth.
How Do I Care For My Dental Veneers?
If you do not care for your veneers properly they may become chipped or some instances they come off. In order to increase the chances of how long they last. Apatient must maintain good oral hygiene and still have regular dental examinations. They must also be careful not bite hard objects as they may damage the surface of the veneers.
Are you ready to discuss dental veneers. Make a free consultation to discuss how we can transform your smile. We will go through with you the process involved, the pros the cons and show you previous patients that we have done this for? Our results are pretty amazing. So if your ready to be amazed we are ready to talk to you.
Our staff at Steinway Family Dental Center enjoys educating patients about procedures they’re interested in undergoing. The cost of treatment can vary from patient to patient. We offer a consultation with a dentist to get recommendations and learn about the treatment options and costs. Please contact our dental clinic by telephone at (276) 288-8721 for more information and to schedule a consultation to discuss porcelain dental veneers.We have assembled a list of references to further your knowledge of composite resin fillings.